Kanaly and Your Personal Information
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social security number and wire transfer instructions
- Account transactions and transaction history
- Account balances and assets
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Kanaly Trust, LTA chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes such as information about your transactions and experiences
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes such as information about your creditworthiness
- For non-affiliates to market to you
Toll Free: (888) 452-6259
Telephone: (713) 561-9300.
How does Kanaly Trust, LTA protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We will not reveal your non-public personal information to anyone outside Kanaly Trust, LTA other than to service providers unless authorized by you or required by law.
How does Kanaly Trust, LTA collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or enter into an investment advisory contract
- Seek financial or tax advice or seek advice about your investments
- Make a wire transfer or give us your contact information
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes— information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Kanaly Holdings, LLC
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Kanaly Trust, LTA does not share with non-affiliates.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Kanaly Trust, LTA does not jointly market.
Kanaly Trust, LTA is chartered under the laws of the State of Texas and is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Kanaly Trust, LTA should contact the Department of Banking through one of the methods listed below:
Texas Department of Banking, Consumer Assistance Activities
2601 N. Lamar Blvd.
Toll Free: (877) 276-5554
Telephone: (512) 475-1300
Fax No: (512) 475-1313