A recording of the Kanaly Trust Quarterly Investment Outlook and Strategy webinar is now available for viewing.
First Quarter 2015 Key Investment Themes covered during the call include:
- Global growth trajectory – will growth improve?
- U.S. decoupled from a slowing global economy in 2014
- Impact of slower growth in China
- Federal Reserve’s interest rate path
- Fed wants to raise rates, but fundamentals argue against a sustained rate hike cycle
- Deflationary effects of strong dollar, low oil prices
- European and Japanese central banks expected to provide additional monetary stimulus (QE)
- Politics in Europe (Greece) and in OPEC nations (Russia)
- Impact of the plunge in crude oil prices
To watch the recording, or download a printable pdf of the presentation, visit http://www.kanaly.com/outlook.html.
This material represents an assessment of the market environment at a specific point in time and is not intended to be a forecast of future events, or a guarantee of future results. This information should not be relied upon by the reader as research or investment advice regarding the Funds or any stock in particular, nor should it be construed as a recommendation to purchase or sell a security, including futures contracts.
There are risks involved with investing, including loss of principal. Current and future portfolio holdings are subject to risks as well. International investments may involve risk of capital loss from unfavorable fluctuation in currency values, from differences in generally accepted accounting principles or from economic or political instability in other nations. Narrowly focused investments and smaller companies typically exhibit higher volatility. Bonds and bond funds will decrease in value as interest rates rise. High-yield bonds involve greater risks of default or downgrade and are more volatile than investment-grade securities, due to the speculative nature of their investments. Emerging markets involve heightened risks related to the same factors as well as increased volatility and lower trading volume.
Diversification may not protect against market risk. There is no assurance the objectives discussed will be met. Past performance does not guarantee future results Index returns are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent actual portfolio performance. Index returns do not reflect any management fees, transaction costs or expenses. One cannot invest directly in an index.